Monday, July 24, 2006

We're an on-time operation

Ha! At the end of your pairing is a letter that indicates how many revisions have been made to your schedule. I'm on L. L! This seriously is the pairing that NEVER ENDS.
I was scheduled to deadhead back to Houston and go to days off (three!) tonite when I returned from Lexington at 6pm. Well, LEX was delayed about an hour, but still had plenty of time before my deadhead... and Crew Scheduling (I think their motto is "We're not happy unless you're not happy") figured that out and assigned me an overnite in Kansas City departing at 8:40pm. And moved my days off. OK... I still get three days off, I guess that's not so bad.
Except it is now 9pm (Eastern) and we're still sitting here. If we depart at our new scheduled 10:05, we'll get to MCI well after midnite (Central), which won't be that bad because I've been on Eastern for the past five days. And it's not that bad of a show time- 9:55- I'm usually blessed with show times at least 3 hours prior to that. So, I guess it's not that bad. I'm just tired of sitting at the airport wasting time.
The past five days have been like that... obviously... or I would still be on A. L! Luckily tomorrow makes day six and they legally cannot use me anymore. I just want to go to the damned eye doctor because I need new contacs and my glasses give me a head ache. That's all I want. Oh, and I need new shoes. These are worn thin.
I can't wait to get off of reserve so they can stop just randomly assigning me things that make absolutly no sense.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...