Monday, November 19, 2007

Pack Rat

So, I've been in this apartment since August and I just can't bring myself to fully unpack. The important stuff has been deboxed and found a place, but the stuff I don't need/use everyday is in a box, ready to go. I've found time and energy, I just don't see the point. I'm pretty sure I'm going to move when my lease is up and I just can't justify buying furniture that will most likely get left behind or cause me to have to rent a uhaul or bribe a friend with a truck- and I know how annoying that is, my old truck had a bumper sticker that read "Yes, this is my truck. No, I will not help you move."

I think it's also the difference between house and home. This is just housing to me, when I find a place I want to call home I will unpack and furnish the place.

But, I've got a friend coming up this Friday... and I'm worried that living in an apartment full of boxes is going to make me seem like a crazy person. I have enough "quirks" that make me seem like a crazy person, what's one more?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...